lunes, 25 de mayo de 2020

Summary

A man travels in the Yukon (near the border of current day Alaska) on an extremely 
cold morning with a husky wolf-dog. The cold does not faze the man, a newcomer to the Yukon, who plans to meet his friends by six o'clock at an old claim. As it grows colder,he realizes his unprotected cheekbones will freeze, but he does not pay it much attention. 
He walks along a creek trail, mindful of the dangerous, concealed springs; 
even getting wet feet on such a cold day is extremely dangerous. He stops for lunch and builds a fire. The man continues on and, in a seemingly safe spot, falls through the snow and wets himself up to his shins. He curses his luck; starting a fire and drying his foot-gear will delay him at least an hour. His feet and fingers are numb, but he starts the fire. 
He remembers the old-timer from Sulphur Creek who had warned him that no man
 should travel in the Klondike alone when the temperature was fifty degrees below zero.
The man unties his icy moccasins, but before he can cut the frozen strings on them, 
clumps of snow from the spruce tree above fall down and snuff out the fire. 
Though building a fire in the open would have been wiser, it had been easier for the man to take twigs from the spruce tree and drop them directly below on to the fire.

 Each time he pulled a twig, he had slightly agitated the tree until, at this point, a bough high up had capsized its load of snow , It capsized lower boughs in turn until a small avalanche had blotted out the fire.The man is scared, and sets himself to building a new fire, aware that he is already going to lose a few toes from frostbite. He gathers twigs and grasses. His fingers numb and nearly lifeless, he unsuccessfully attempts to light a match. He grabs all his matches--seventy--and lights them simultaneously, then sets fire to a piece of bark. He starts the fire, but in trying to protect it from pieces of moss, it soon goes out. The man decides to kill the dog and puts his hands inside its warm body to restore his circulation. He calls out to the dog, but something fearful and strange in his voice frightens the dog. The dog finally comes forward and the man grabs it in his arms. But he cannot kill the dog,
since he is unable to pull out his knife or even throttle the animal. He lets it go. The man realizes that frostbite is now a less worrisome prospect than death. He panics and runs along the creek trail, trying to restore circulation, the dog at his heels. But his endurance gives out, and finally he falls and cannot rise. He fights against the thought of his body freezing, but it is too powerful a vision, and he runs again. He falls again, and makes one last panicked run and falls once more. He decides he should meet death in a more dignified manner. He imagines his friends finding his body tomorrow.The man falls off into a comfortable sleep. The dog does not understand why the man is sitting in the snow like that without making a fire. As the night comes, it comes closer and detects death in the man's scent. It runs away in the direction of the camp, "where were the other food-providers and fire-providers."

Wayne, Teddy. "To Build a Fire Summary". GradeSaver, 1 July 2002 Web. 25 May 2020


I dont found comments.

24 comentarios:

  1. Valentina Benjumea Ossa
    I really liked your blog and your presentation, you see the work done, but when you read something about the book or to comment it is difficult to see the lyrics well and your drawing is very nice hahaha

    ResponderBorrar
  2. This has to be one of the scariest stories I've ever read, because it's completely credible. On the other hand, your blog is very organized and beautiful, however you should improve the theme of the lyrics since it is difficult to see clearly

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I really liked the way you show your book. Good work friend.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. i like this blog but i get a little lost, nice blog bru

    ResponderBorrar
  5. I don't like your blog. It's messy. I recommend more order, but good work with the book

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Hey homie, your blog is a bit tangled, but in general Good work.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. Hi!! The blog is cool and simple, the draw is understandable. :)

    ResponderBorrar
  8. You have a big level of english and your presentation was a so good. Nice blog!!

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I like your blog, is very artistic, I like your form of explain everything the book

    ResponderBorrar
  10. hi Handsome haha! first you blog is beautiful, I like your job so the book is good, thank you.. kisses and hugs

    ResponderBorrar
  11. I like your book, I love the background of the blog and I loved your summary, your effort shows. The story of the book seems quite authentic to me because it takes place in a rather curious place.

    As a tip I recommend that you change the color of the font but everything else very well.

    Congratulations Jero, very good work!

    ResponderBorrar
  12. wow, nice work my friend.
    I can see the domain about the book, and the order of the elements of the blog.
    Excellent job.

    ResponderBorrar
  13. the book itself is interesting or at least attractive,the blog is very welcoming and shows a good command of the story.

    ResponderBorrar
  14. I got a little lost in your blog but it is nice, I like the theme of your blog and it is very complete

    ResponderBorrar
  15. Your work is very complete but I don't like the background of the blog because I see it as very confusing with the background

    ResponderBorrar
  16. I like your blog, it's very interesting, organized and complete.
    i was a little surprised at the beginning, because of all the things man does but there was a lot of danger. very good your work

    ResponderBorrar
  17. Mr.Jeronimo, it is to admire his great intelligence and dedication, you carry with a great quality, this super the summary, gives me a great desire to read the book. Your blogger is very interesting and unique, i love the creativity of your drawing. Excellent work.

    ResponderBorrar
  18. Hi Jero, excellent work, everything very complete and organized, very interesting your summary, congratulations.

    ResponderBorrar
  19. hey jero, your blog has an incredible presentation, you did a great job, I congratulate you

    ResponderBorrar
  20. Hi my pimpollo , I like your blog, it is very organized and very complete, congratulations on your good work.

    ResponderBorrar
  21. you have a tall level of english and did a job very perfec

    ResponderBorrar
  22. My pana, this job is amazing, all the information is right, you have a great desing, and you book its a very good text.

    ResponderBorrar
  23. Hi, tour blog is a excellent work, i liked aestethics, how organized and complete it is.
    Is a very well presentation.

    ResponderBorrar
  24. I liked the image you used on the background. I tried to see the video, but it doesn't open, i don't know what happened. However, nice job.!

    ResponderBorrar

Research

Technical dictionary  https://docs.google.com/document/d/172HHrwDbEW5nigrNP0fBM_bR0cXM6fNqs7cmlA20o0I/edit?usp=sharing Infographic  https://...